Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The most discouraging thing about the first week of semester

This week classes started for the first semester of the year at UQ.
Campus is swarming with students.
I live about three kilometres from campus, but the buses don't even stop by the time they pass near my home because they are already full. I have to find other ways to get to campus.
There are no spare seats in the library. The lines at the food outlets are very long.
But, this overcrowding is not the discouraging thing.
It is that two weeks from now the buses won't be full. In about six weeks they will be half full. I will have no trouble getting a seat.

Why? After a few weeks a noticeable fraction of students have decided it is not worth attending lectures.

Previously I made a simple and concrete proposal to address the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment